Sunday 26 April 2009

If I were a Muslim man
Have you ever thought why some Christians convert to Islam? Why dose Islam appeal to somebody? Is it the religion of peace while there are many verses in the Koran that order to kill nonbelievers and infidels? Is violence in Christianity more than Islam? Is Allah benevolent while in Koran order to amputate thieves’ hands to punish them for committing robbery? Are Muslim countries more developed and industrial than Christian countries?

I cannot deny that there are many people who convert to Islam. At least I have seen one of them with my own eyes. He has come from America to Iran to investigate about Islam. He knows Persian and Arabic very well.
In my country, apostasy will be punished with death. Although many people have disgusted Islam, they do not dare to reveal their true about Islam. However if some body converts to Islam, they will show off about him.
By the way, in ancient Mesopotamia men did not have the right of polygamy unless their wives were barren. However, in Islam men are entitled to marry at least four woman and as much as bondwomen that they can afford them. In Mohammad era, warriors could cohabit with bondmaids that they had captured in wars. This rule is not abrogated now, but the time of slavery is passed. However, Muslim men still enjoy having different wives.

I have a Christian friend that told me she would convert to Islam if she were a Muslim man. I asked her why would you convert to Islam if you were a Muslim man? She answered Muslim men can enjoy having 4 wives. Therefore, if I were a man I would tell Jesus “oh please forgive me for awhile. I want to convert to Islam to enjoy cohabiting with many women.” I will marry 4 wives and then when one of them is boring I will divorce her and again I will marry another woman. Then when I enjoyed fully, again I will convert to Christianity and will ask Jesus to forgive me.
Don’t you think that this is one of the reasons that Islam appeals to some Christians?

No comments: